Saturday, February 7, 2009

Santa Margherita nearing $25/btl ???


Hello Friends!


Why is Wine on my mind at 11:15 a.m. you ask? A) Why Not? B) because I had to go to the grocery store for other purposes this a.m. As I walked by the wine aisle, this huge display jumped out at me, declaring some sale prices. Here's the big news: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio is now regularly priced at $24.99. I know many of you like it, and I have drunk my share. I quit drinking it however, when it topped $14 a bottle, because my opinion was it had crossed the value/price threshold. W.E. sold many cases of very tasty Pinot Grigio for less than half this price over the last few years. If you like Pinot Grigio, consider exploring the Pinot Gris labeled wines as well. Some easy sluething will help you find some very interesting wines at great prices. See my prior post on King Estates Pinot Gris. That's only around $20/bottle and explodes with flavor. Try also Kim Crawford Pinot Gris ( http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/popup_2007_nz_pg.html ) also found for $20/btl or less locally. I think you'll find it was worth your time to check these out and see how great this grape can be - by any name.
- Brad

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog. I look forward to some posts on Zin, Cab, Cotes du Rhone, and Spanish Reds.

    ReplyDelete